Independent Exhibitors are exhibitors not affiliated with 4-H or active in the FFA organizations. The exhibitor must be 9 years old or in 4th grade by December 31, 2018. Exhibitors who are under 9 years of age as of December 31, 2018 are not eligible to compete in large animal competitions at California Fairs. Exhibitors are eligible to compete/exhibit through December 31 of the year in which they turn 19 years of age. Independent Jr. Exhibitors must not have been in a junior organization (4-H or FFA) within 120 days for beef, 60 days for all other livestock and 30 days for rabbits/poultry). Tags are available to be picked up in the fair office. Exhibitors must wear white shirt and dark jeans, no hats or ties.
Requirements to sell as an Independent Exhibitor:
- Completed Independent Record Book due to the Fair Office by Monday, May 14, 2019 (available below or in the Fair Office)
- A photo of the exhibitor with the animal
- A short story about the project
- A short oral presentation to the Fair Board at the April 16th Board Meeting
- Completion of the YQCA Ethics Training at www.yqca.org
- Complete the required online entry forms
- A Buyer Thank You note
The Fair encourages participation in a fair clean up day
Once all of the requirements have been met, sale checks will be available 5 days following the fair in the fair office.
Independent Exhibitors are encouraged to register with the fair office so they can be kept informed of important deadlines and general information. If you have any questions regarding being an Independent Exhibitor please call the fair office at 530-865-1168